The GER T26 was a class of 2-4-0 locomotives designed by James Holden for the Great Eastern Railway between 1891 to 1902. They were used on passenger trains from express to stopping services. They passed into LNER ownership in 1923 & were classified as E4. Eighteen survived into British Railway ownership in 1948 & the last withdrawn in 1959, making them the last 2-4-0s in service in Britain. One is preserved today, No. 490 at Bressingham as part of the National Collection.